Chapel Service Opportunities
The Chapel is more than an impressive building on campus. It’s where you’ll find great people and an active worship life. Here are some areas in which you might wish to get involved:
- Prayer Team — Serve as a member of the team that assists in the creation of the community’s prayers for each Sunday morning service.
- Acolyte — Serve on a team as a torch bearer, crucifer or book bearer at our Sunday morning worship services or for Wednesday Morning Prayer.
- Altar Care — Serve on a team that shares the distinct honor of preparing the worship space for the service of Holy Communion.
- Bake Bread - Do you enjoy baking? You could help prepare the bread that is used for Holy Communion on Sundays.
- Reader — On Sunday mornings, you could read one of the scripture readings for our worship service.
- Sunday Morning Hospitality — Be one of the people offering hospitality at Sunday morning worship.
- Morning Prayer Musicians — Musicians are needed to help lead or support Morning prayer worship, from keyboardists to instrumentalists to vocalists who know (or want to learn) how to cantor.
- Celebrate! Praise Team — Instrumentalists and vocalists are welcome for our Wednesday night Celebrate! Service.
- Candlelight Worship cantors — Sunday evenings we worship by candlelight to Holden Evening Prayer. You could gain experience as a worship leader by serving as a cantor.
- Matins Choir Members — Be a part of the Matins Choir that sings each Wednesday for Morning Prayer (10 to 10:20 a.m.) during Chapel Break.
To get involved, contact David.RojasMartinez@valpo.edu or our Get involved at the Chapel Facebook page.