Valpo changes lives in ways that cannot be measured.
Its excellence has often been noted; here are a few indicators of the value of a Valparaiso education.
Awards and Rankings
- U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges has named us one of the top five regional universities in the Midwest every year since 1990.
- Valpo consistently appears near the top of the U.S. News Best Value list, ranking second among Midwestern regional universities in 2012.
- The Princeton Review’s “Best 377 Colleges” includes us on its “Best Midwestern Colleges” list.
- We regularly appear in Forbes Magazine’s “America’s Top Colleges” list.
- The Washington Monthly annually recognizes us for our contributions to the public good.
- The College of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, placing it in the top five percent of MBA programs worldwide.
- Our German program has been designated a German Center of Excellence by the American Association of Teachers of German (AATG). Valpo is one of only two U.S collegiate institutions ever to receive this honor.
- We have been named to The Best College’s list of the 10 Most Innovative Colleges for Foreign Language Study, ranking among prestigious universities including Yale, Columbia, Cornell, and UCLA.
- The College of Engineering won the 2012 Engineering Award presented by the National Council of Examiners for Engineering.