Valparaiso University consistently achieves national recognition for best teaching and value and as one of the best universities in the Midwest.
Awards and Rankings
- U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges ranked Valpo No. 5 in the Midwest in 2015, and Valpo has been named one of the top 10 regional universities in the Midwest every year since 1990.
- Valpo consistently appears on the U.S. News Best Value list, ranking first among Midwestern regional universities in 2015.
- In 2015, Valpo was ranked No. 2 in the Midwest for Best Undergraduate Teaching by U.S. News & World Report.
- The Washington Monthly ranked Valpo No. 1 in the nation for contribution to public good among master’s universities in 2015.
- College Choice named Valpo the No. 1 overall Christian college in the nation and the No. 2 university in the Midwest for 2016.
- Valpo regularly appears in Forbes Magazine’s “America’s Top Colleges” list and is in the top 50 among Midwestern regional universities.
- Valpo is one of Money Magazine’s Best Colleges for Your Money, based on quality of education, affordability, and outcomes.
- Great Value Colleges listed Valpo as one of the 50 Great Affordable Colleges in the Midwest.
- The outcome-based 2015 Educate-to-Career College Rankings Index lists Valpo in the top third of universities nationwide.
- Valpo is recognized as one of the nations top 250 schools by The Daily Beast.
- The Princeton Review includes Valpo on its “Best Midwestern Colleges” list.
- The College of Engineering won the 2012 Engineering Award presented by the National Council of Examiners for Engineering.
- U.S. News & World Report ranked the College of Engineering among the top 25 undergraduate engineering schools in the nation in 2015.
- The College of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, placing it in the top 5 percent of business schools worldwide.
- The Princeton Review lists the MBA Program as one of its Best 295 Business Schools for 2015.
- Valpo’s German program has been designated a German Center of Excellence by the American Association of Teachers of German (AATG). Valpo is one of first two U.S collegiate institutions ever to receive this honor.
- Valpo has been named to The Best Colleges’ list of the 10 Most Innovative Colleges for Foreign Language Study.
- Valpo is included in Victory Media’s Military Friendly Schools list for 2016, which honors the top 15 percent of higher education institutions in the country that do the most to embrace America’s military service members, veterans, and spouses as students and ensure their success on campus.
- Valpo is designated as a 2015 STEM Jobs Approved College by Victory Media. The inaugural list rates colleges and universities on their responsiveness and relevance to high demand, high growth science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) occupations.
- Valpo was recognized by the United States Department of State as one of the colleges and universities that produced the most 2012-2013 Fulbright Scholars. In the past 10 years, 26 Valpo students and alumni have received Fulbright grants to study and teach abroad.
The achievements of Valpo students have been recognized with prestigious fellowships other honors. Student Achievements »
Valpo professors have an insatiable curiosity and a passion for learning. About the Faculty »
The placement rate for our graduates has exceeded 90% for 22 consecutive years. Outcomes »