Valpo changes lives in ways that cannot be measured.
Valparaiso University consistently achieves national recognition for its outstanding educational experience.
Awards and Rankings
- U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges has named Valpo one of the top 10 regional universities in the Midwest every year since 1990.
- Valpo consistently appears near the top of the U.S. News Best Value list, ranking second among Midwestern regional universities in 2013.
- In 2013, Valpo was ranked No. 2 in the Midwest for Best Undergraduate Teaching by U.S. News & World Report.
- Valpo was recognized by U.S. News & World Report as the No. 3 Up-and-Coming Regional University in the Midwest in 2013.
- The Princeton Review’s “Best 377 Colleges” includes Valpo on its “Best Midwestern Colleges” list.
- Valpo regularly appears in Forbes Magazine’s “America’s Top Colleges” list.
- The Washington Monthly ranked Valpo No. 4 in the nation for contribution to public good among master’s universities in 2013.
- Affordable Colleges Online ranked Valpo in the top 10 colleges and universities in Indiana with the greatest lifetime return on investment.
- U.S. News & World Report ranked the College of Engineering tied for 22nd nationally among undergraduate engineering schools.
- The College of Engineering won the 2012 Engineering Award presented by the National Council of Examiners for Engineering.
- The College of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, placing it in the top five percent of business schools worldwide.
- The Princeton Review lists the MBA Program as one of its Best 295 Business Schools for 2014
- U.S. News & World Report ranked the part-time MBA program in its 2013 Best Business Schools list.
- Valpo’s German program has been designated a German Center of Excellence by the American Association of Teachers of German (AATG). Valpo is one of first two U.S collegiate institutions ever to receive this honor.
- Valpo has been named to The Best Colleges’ list of the 10 Most Innovative Colleges for Foreign Language Study, ranking among prestigious universities including Yale, Columbia, Cornell, and UCLA.
- Valpo is included in Victory Media’s Military Friendly Schools list, which honors the top 20 percent of colleges, universities, and trade schools in the country that are doing the most to embrace America’s military service members, veterans and spouses as students and ensure their success on campus.
- Valpo was recognized by the United States Department of State as one of the colleges and universities that produced the most 2013-2014 Fulbright Scholars. In the past 10 years, 26 Valpo students and alumni have received Fulbright grants to study and teach abroad.