Valparaiso University consistently achieves national recognition for its outstanding educational experience.
Awards and Rankings
- U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges ranked Valpo No. 5 in the Midwest in 2014, and Valpo has been named one of the top 10 regional universities in the Midwest every year since 1990.
- Valpo consistently appears on the U.S. News Best Value list, ranking second among Midwestern regional universities in 2014.
- In 2014, Valpo was ranked No. 2 in the Midwest for Best Undergraduate Teaching by U.S. News & World Report.
- Valpo tied for first in U.S. News & World Report’s list of Up-and-Coming Regional Universities in the Midwest in 2014.
- The College of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, placing it in the top 5 percent of business schools worldwide.
- The College of Engineering won the 2012 Engineering Award presented by the National Council of Examiners for Engineering.
- U.S. News & World Report ranked the College of Engineering among the top 30 undergraduate engineering schools in the nation in 2014.
- The Washington Monthly ranked Valpo No. 3 in the nation for contribution to public good among master’s universities in 2014.
- Valpo regularly appears in Forbes Magazine’s “America’s Top Colleges” list.
- The Princeton Review’s “Best 379 Colleges” includes Valpo on its “Best Midwestern Colleges” list.
- The Princeton Review lists the MBA Program as one of its Best 295 Business Schools for 2014
- U.S. News & World Report ranked the part-time MBA program in its 2013 Best Business Schools list.
- Valpo’s German program has been designated a German Center of Excellence by the American Association of Teachers of German (AATG). Valpo is one of first two U.S collegiate institutions ever to receive this honor.
- Valpo has been named to The Best Colleges’ list of the 10 Most Innovative Colleges for Foreign Language Study.
- Valpo is included in Victory Media’s Military Friendly Schools list, which honors the top 20 percent of higher education institutions in the country that are doing the most to embrace America’s military service members, veterans and spouses as students and ensure their success on campus.
- Valpo was recognized by the United States Department of State as one of the colleges and universities that produced the most 2012-2013 Fulbright Scholars. In the past 10 years, 26 Valpo students and alumni have received Fulbright grants to study and teach abroad.