- You may apply for Summer financial aid after you have completed your registration for summer courses.
- To be eligible for federal loans, you must enroll at least half-time (6 credit hours as an undergraduate, 4.5 credit hours for graduate, and 4 credit hours for law) across the entire summer. This may be in one session or a combination of both summer sessions.
- Complete the Summer Financial Aid Application and return it to the Financial Aid Office. (Tuition Remission students: you must also complete a Tuition Remission Application and return it to the Office of Human Resource Services.)
- You are also required to complete a 2012-2013 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and to have the resulting information submitted to the Financial Aid Office. If you had not previously had your FAFSA data submitted to Valpo, you may do so by listing Valpo's school code (001842). Note: If you have not already filed a 2012-2013 FAFSA, the Federal Processor must receive it by June 30, 2013. However, if you are enrolling in session 1 only, the Financial Aid Office must receive the FAFSA results before the end of session 1. All aid must be processed by the last day of the enrollment period.
- When your summer application file is complete, a financial aid staff member will package your summer aid and send an award letter to you. If you wish to discuss your summer aid, you are welcome to visit with a financial aid counselor, either when you turn in your application or after you receive your award.
- If we have requested documentation to verify your application (e.g., tax transcripts, W-2 forms, etc.), please be certain those are submitted promptly. Pending financial aid must be canceled for students whose documentation is not received prior to the last date of enrollment.
Important: Should your enrollment change after you have submitted your financial aid application, please notify our office immediately.