The links below will enable you to electronically sign the Master Promissory Note (MPN) for the
- Federal Direct Subsidized or Unsubsidized Loan;
- Federal Direct GradPLUS Loan;
- Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan
You MUST sign the MPN for each of the above loans you are borrowing so the loan can be finalized and disbursed at Valparaiso University.
To electronically sign the MPN:
- Have your U.S. Department of Education PIN available. This is the same PIN you used to file your FAFSA. If you do not have a PIN, you can obtain one at www.pin.ed.gov.
- Have the names, addresses and telephone numbers of two individuals to serve as references on the MPN. References should be U.S. citizens who have known you at least three years. It is acceptable to use parents and other relatives as references, as long as the two references have different addresses.
- This process will take about 30 minutes to complete, depending on the speed of your computer. If you are unable to complete the entire process in a single session, the MPN web site will require that you start again from the beginning.
If you are borrowing student loans (subsidized, unsubsidized, or GradPLUS) please be sure to also complete entrance counseling on the web if you have not already done so!