Valpo offers additional grants and awards based on the results of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Students must comply with the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy to be eligible for renewal after the first year.
- Federal Pell Grants and Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG) - for students with exceptional need.
- TEACH Grant - Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education Grants are awarded to students who are enrolled in a TEACH eligible program, complete the Agreement to Serve, and meet other academic requirement.
- FAFSA must be on file
- Can be an undergraduate or a graduate student
- Amount of award is based on enrollment status
- Indiana State Grants - For IN residents attending IN schools with financial need. The FAFSA must be received by the Federal Processor by March 10 preceding the award year and edits must be corrected by May 15th. You may receive Indiana grants for a maximum of 8 semesters. **Please Note: There are new GPA requirements for renewal of state grants for students who first enter an eligible school after June 30, 2012. Please see our SAP policy for more information.
- Valpo Fund Alumni Award - Funded by donors who give to the Valpo Fund, most of whom are Valpo alumni. The amounts are based on the FAFSA, and awarded to meet remaining need after federal, state, and Valpo Merit Scholarships are awarded.