School Transfer

To transfer out of Valparaiso University to another U.S. education, you must complete the SEVIS transfer out form. Transfer Out Form. Although you may apply to multiple schools, you can only attend one. The form is to confirm THE ONE SCHOOL to which you have decided to transfer. Our office will process your request, determine your release date, and fax the completed form to your new institution. OIP will update your record in SEVIS as a transfer out student to your new institution. The release date will normally be the end of the current semester, unless the student is on Optional Practical Training.

On the SEVIS release date:

  1. VU will no longer have access to your record to make any changes (e.g. change your transfer school);
  2. On-campus jobs, assistantships, CPT, OPT, or any other employment based on VU I-20 will be terminated;
  3. The new school will have full access to your SEVIS record and will then administer your program. They will issue you a new transfer I-20/DS2019 Please contact the International Student Advisor at your new institution to complete your transfer process. Simply receiving a new I-20/DS 2019 does not complete the transfer process.