Domestic and International Students
All students attending January FOCUS who will be living on campus will move into their residence hall room between 12-5 p.m. Central Standard Time on Sunday, January 5. Students attending January FOCUS living off campus should commute the morning of Monday, January 6 and check-in for FOCUS at the Harre Union Welcome Desk at the times listed below:
- International Students- Check-in at 8:45 a.m. Central Standard Time
- Domestic First-Year Students- Check-in at 9:45 a.m. Central Standard Time
- Domestic Transfer Students who need to take Math Placement- Check-in at 9:45 a.m. Central Standard Time
- All Other Domestic Transfer Students- Check-in at 10:45 a.m. Central Standard Time
What should you bring to January FOCUS?
- Pen or Pencil
- Calculator if taking Math Placement
- iPad or other tablet or laptop to access the class schedules online during advising
There are no on-campus parent/guest accommodations available for January FOCUS. Please visit our area lodging and dining Web site for accommodation information. Parents/Guests are responsible for all off-campus lodging charges and for reserving a hotel room. Please mention that you are visiting Valparaiso University for an event at the time of booking.
Meals provided to all registered January FOCUS participants include Day 1 continental breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
If you will be arriving to FOCUS by air, the Coach USA bus is available for transportation from O’Hare or Midway airports to nearby Portage, Indiana.
Please contact the Office of Undergraduate Admission at 219-464-5011 to arrange for transportation between the Portage, Indiana bus station and Valpo.