A Timeline for Your College Search
College is the best investment most people ever make. With a college degree, you’ll have more job choices, more job security, and higher pay raises than your peers without degrees. Taking the right classes, earning good grades, and participating in school activities will put you on track for selecting the right college and career.
- Attend college fairs and receptions in your area. Valpo hosts a regional college fair each March.
- Receive your PSAT and PLAN results and prepare for the SAT and ACT.
- Explore college websites like valpo.edu and create a list of colleges to investigate.
- Contact admission counselors from your top schools with any questions and to find more information that may not be available online. Sign up for the spring SAT and ACT.
- Visit several colleges and see what it’s like on campus. Go to valpo.edu/visit to sign up for a Valpo Visit Day or schedule a personalized tour.