U.S. Mail and packages are distributed to mail units Monday through Friday. Under special circumstances, Express Saturday Delivery packages will be received at Valparaiso University Police Department. VUPD will try to contact the student. However, they do not have refrigeration services available. Outgoing US mail and campus mail is picked up Monday – Friday at 11 a.m.
- Stuffers larger than 1/4 sheet of paper must be folded and sealed prior to submission by the department or student organization submitting the stuffers.
- Student Mail Services will distribute Bulk Campus Mail to residential students within two business days.
- Labeled mail should only include the student’s name and mail unit number. DO NOT include the Resident Hall or room number, as all mail is delivered to mail units.
- Envelopes are to be submitted in mail unit order.
Student Mail Services uses a package tracking system. The system allows us to scan a bar code on all packages which do not fit into your unit. The program will send an email notification to your @valpo.edu address and put your package into a package inventory database.
Student Mail Services scans the barcode on the back of your OneCard to issue your package. This completes our record-keeping process and removes the package from the inventory database. You will not be able to pick up packages with a damaged OneCard or a Temporary ID. Please visit the OneCard page for information on Card Care and Replacement OneCards.
ALL perishable packages will be entered into the package inventory database. An email marked “perishable” will be sent to your @valpo.edu account.
Please pick up all perishable packages before the end of the business day that you receive the email. We do not have refrigeration service and cannot be responsible for perishables.
To issue the perishable package to you we will need to scan your University OneCard. This completes our record-keeping process and removes the perishable package from the inventory database.
- Outgoing service is available for properly packed packages up to 150 lbs.
- Remove all previous labels.
- No need to address package. Address will print on the UPS label.
- UPS Pick-Up – Monday – Friday at 4 p.m.
- Packages shipped UPS after 4 p.m. will go out the next business day.
- Crusader Cash, cash or check only.
- No shipment of alcohol, tobacco or firearms will be accepted.
- Packages with hazardous markings on the box will not be accepted.