- Local, state, and federal government agencies (public health, parks, natural resource management)
- Hospitals (medical technology, allied health fields)
- Educational institutions (high schools, colleges, universities)
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Plant and animal industries
- Utility companies and industries (environmental health)
- Biotechnology companies
- Many other potential employers.
So...just what can you do with a degree in biology? Are there jobs available? What is the outlook for long-term careers in biology?
A wide range of employment opportunities is available to biology majors at the B.S. or B.A. level. Many biology majors pursue advanced training in graduate or professional schools including the one-year practicum in many allied health fields.
Potential Hiring Institutions
For more information on careers in biology, you might want to check out the following biology-related career web sites. For general career information (resume writing, on-campus interviews, etc.) and job search support, VU students should visit the the VU Career Center. Just click on the underlined links below.