Do you want the opportunity to explore careers and talk to professionals in various industries? How about the chance to gain insider information and advice on how best to position yourself after graduation? All this is possible if you attend Speed Networking 2013!
Friday, April 11, 2014
12:30 to 4:00 pm
Community Room, CCLIR
Students: To register please follow the link to the Speed Networking Scheduler
Employers who will attend this year's event:
- Bryan Van den Bosch (Alumnus) - Manager of New Business Development @ WNBA team Chicago Sky
- Adam Rundh (Alumnus) - Price Waterhouse Coopers (PwC)
- Mark Zimmerman (Alumnus) - Human Resources Coordinator at Porter Starke Services
- Raquel Evaristo- Radar Meteorologist at Valparaiso University; graduated in Meteorology and Oceanogrsphy from the University of Lisbon (Portugal), post-graduate degree in Earth Sciences (University of Lisbon) and PhD at the University of Versailles (France) in Radar Meteorology.
- Roger Wexelberg - VP of Development & Public Relations @ Lakeshore Public Media and past President/General Manager Chicago Rush-Business Development AFL
- Tracy Fronk - (Alumna) Director of Strategic Initiative at Valpo Law. She is also an engineer who worked as the test engineer -for F22 Raptor at Honeywell and worked on Hydraulic Boosters at Bosch
- Matt Wells- Opera Singer/Career Counselor at Valparaiso University
- Alison Levar - (Alumna) Recruiting Manager at Royal United Mortgage
- Fred Thompson - Tech Recruiter at Panduit Corp
- Ryan Perri (Alumnus) - Promotions Producer at NBC Chicago
- Stan Pissarski - General Manager of Operations Central States Manufacturing
- Pam Saylor - (Alumna) Employment Services Manager at Michiana Resources, Inc.
- Tara Teeple - (Alumna) Director of Data and Technology Services Valparaiso University previously a software engineer at Motorola
- Melissa Washburn - Artist and graphic designer with a BFA in studio art from Binghamton University (SUNY) and a Master's Degree in Arts Administration from IU Bloomington
- Tracey McElree - Director, Branding & Marketing, AC Incorporated
- Ryan Dykes - Vice President, AC, Incorporated
- Steve Rahn - (Alumnus) Area Maintenance & Reliability Manager at BP
- Michelle Maravilla HR - OD Business Partner at Centier Bank
- Mary Kate Garner - Talent Acquisition Specialist at Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Stephanie Truchan (Alumna) - Operations Manager at Gary Bridge & Iron Co
- Andrew Dalpini (Alumnus) - Account Representative/Sales Recruiter at Countrywide Transportation
- Kyle Goltz (Alumnus) - Assistant Manager at Sears Holdings Corporation
- Brandi Anstine (Alumna) - Director of Marketing & Special Events Lakeshore Public Television
- Dennis Wendt (Alumnus) - Customer Business Manager @ McCormick & Company
- Jennifer Wright - Executive Director for Hilltop Neighborhood House
- Kelly Warren - District Cordinator at Aflac
- Debra Townsend - AFL/CIO Coordinator for United Way of Porter County
- Andrea Proulx Buinicki - Founder & President of Giving Focus, LLC
- Bruce Lindner (Alumnus) - Executive Director of Porter County Aging Services
- Linda Newman (Alumna) - Representative for Primerica Financial Services
- Jennifer McIntosh-Elkins - Founder & President of Discoveries Unlimited
- Dan Kudrna - Regional Sales Coordinator for Aflac & served as Exchange Officer for the Brazilian Army
- Michelle Steuer - HR Officer /Employment Manager at Centier Bank
- Martha Walsh (Alumna) - Retail Leadership Development Program @ Verizon Wireless
- David Hibbs (Alumnus) - Consultant for Forest Ridge Academy
If you are not familiar with Speed Networking, it is a tool now being utilized to help professionals create intentional connections. Thus, you as a Valparaiso University student can benefit from this unique opportunity. Specifically, students have the opportunity to hone their networking and job search skills and potential employers can get a "sneak peek" at you as a future graduate and potential employee." This is all done in a fast paced and exciting environment.
Speed networking will allow you to:
- Get advice and be mentored by employers
- Connect with Valparaiso University Alums
- Boost your confidence and allow you to learn from industry experts
- Gain insider information and advice on how to position yourself for the future
- Practice networking and relationship building skills
Most opportunities for employment are never posted and you will need networking skills to find out about job opportunities in the future. So, please come and enjoy this opportunity to meet alums and employers and gain information and advice on how best to position yourself after graduation. Employers are signing up daily to participate in Speed Networking and want to meet with students like you who want to learn more about careers and opportunities for the future. Read what the employers said about last years event!
Click here to find a link to an example of what this opportunity will be like for you!
Speed Networking Prep Session dates to be determined soon.