Christian Ministry Network (CMN) Mission and Purpose Mission Statement:
A collaborative network of Christian ministries in Valparaiso committed to promoting unity in the body of Christ by supporting one another, facilitating joint ministry events, and addressing unmet spiritual needs of students by linking them with ministry opportunities.
Structure of Group:
The Christian Ministry Network is comprised of an adult group and a student group that each meets monthly and together on occasion. Each group is a unique component of the CMN, and they have slightly different functions. The focus of the student group is to facilitate joint ministry events and to promote networking among ministries. The focus of the adult group is to foresee potential doctrinal conflicts and to educate students on how to responsibly and hospitably dialogue in light of their differences. Identified leaders for each respective group are University Pastor Charlene Cox (adult group) and Lindsay Fertig (student group), with University-level support coming from Rev. Brian Johnson, Executive Director of Campus Ministries.
Purpose of the group
• Create a community of fellowship, encouragement, and personal spiritual growth for campus ministry leaders
• Provide unified collaboration and coordination while respecting diverse faith convictions and traditions
• Promote and share knowledge, missions, suggestions, and advice among campus ministries
• Create and provide a centralized calendar for campus ministry information and schedules
• Host campus ministry events
• Create opportunities for ministry partnerships
• Promote structures of communication between ministries and University including occasional in-person meetings with University officials
Members of the Christian Ministry Network are:Intervarsity (Intervarsity Christian Fellowship)