Master of Health Administration
Admission Requirements & Application Process
Interested students should access the online application or may request paper materials by contacting the Graduate School. Applicants must meet the admission requirements of the Graduate School, which include:
- An overall undergraduate GPA of 3.0
- If below, 5 years of work experience in the field
- Basic course in Statistics
- Applicants needing preliminary English language work are encouraged to consider the INTERLINK program
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities
- Two letters of recommendation
- A reflective essay indicating the reasons for undertaking graduate study in health administration
- Application fee: $30
Application materials should be submitted all at once. Admission decisions typically take 7 – 10 business days.
A limited number of research or academic assistantships and graduate internships are available through the Graduate School. Students may be surprised to discover the affordable tuition rate at Valparaiso University. Please view the current tuition rates. Financial aid may be available for students taking 6 credits or more during fall or spring semesters.
Are you interested in learning more?
Request more information or apply to the Graduate School online. Ask how to waive your application fee.
Interested students should contact the Graduate School to discuss admission requirements and future entry terms that are available. Currently, we are not accepting applications but we can answer your questions and discuss your interests.
The Ministry Administration program prepares new students and experienced professionals with the skills required to effectively lead, oversee, and manage a faith-based organization. The program is offered both as a 12-credit certificate and a 33-credit master’s degree, which incorporates all the certificate coursework.
The program can be completed in one year by a full-time student or two to three years part-time. The program is delivered at our Hyde Park-Chicago campus over twelve-week terms or virtually. A student can start the program in any term.
Supplement your passion for ministry with business skills needed for effective church leadership. The 12-credit certificate program is delivered at our Hyde Park campus or online from our virtual LIVE classroom at the Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago.
|MMA 560||Role of Business in a Faith-Based Organizations|
|MMA 561||Philanthropy & Fundraising|
We are currently not accepting applications at this time.
- Ministry Administration Application Form (coming soon)
- Transcript of Highest College Degree
- Cover Letter
- Provide guidance – why you want to pursue certificate/
- One Letter of Recommendation (optional)
- Encouraged for those not presently working in ministry
- Recommendation forms are available as both PDF files and secure online forms.
Current seminary students
You do not have to submit a separate application. Please contact your advisor at LSTC to register for classes.
QUESTIONS? Please submit questions to Jessica Choquette, Assistant Director of Admissions, at 219.464.5313 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Required courses:||12 credits|
|MMA 560||Role of Business in a Faith-Based Organizations||3 cr|
|MMA 561||Philanthropy & Fundraising||3 cr|
|MMA 562||Employment Law & Governance||3 cr|
|MMA 563||Leadership & Managing People||3 cr|
|MMA 564||Financial Sustainability||3 cr|
|MMA 660||Strategic Planning||3 cr|
Master of Professional Studies
Admission Requirements and Application Process
Applicants must meet the admission requirements of the LawSchool, which include:
- A bachelor’s degree, with a minimum of a 3.0 (B) GPA. Students who do not meet this requirement but have reason to believe that they can succeed in and benefit from graduate study will be considered individually and, if appropriate, be admitted on a conditional basis.
- Two years’ relevant work experience
As part of the application process, students must provide:
- Official transcript from all academic institutions attended
- Current resume
- A personal statement
- Two letters of recommendation
- $30 Application Fee
Plan of Study
Students may begin their program in January, May, or August. Courses are offered year-round and will typically be taught during the evening to accommodate working students.
Students may complete the MPSL Program in as few as four semesters, but will be allowed up to five years to complete the program. All courses are charged on a per credit basis, and Valparaiso University is happy to work with students who receive employer tuition benefits.
Tuition for courses beginning in January and May is $795.00 per credit hour.