Enhanced International Business in German (EIB – German) Program is a nine-semester program that combines a major in international business, a major in German, and one academic year of study and work in Germany. The program allows students to gain linguistic and cultural proficiency in the German language and prepares them for careers with German or U.S. companies that operate globally.
EIB – German students fulfill the following requirements:
- Major requirements for International Business and the B.A. in German;
- Participate in Valpo’s study-abroad program in Reutlingen, Germany, in the seventh semester;
- Enroll in at least two German-language business courses while in Reutlingen;
- Work in a cooperative-education placement in Germany during the eighth semester and ensuing summer;
- Return to campus for the capstone course ninth semester;
- Live in the Kade-Duesenberg German House and Cultural Center for at least two semesters.