- Stop Alcohol Poisoning!
Symptoms of Alcohol Poisoning:
- Person is unconscious or semi-conscious and cannot be awakened.
- Cold, clammy, pale or bluish skin.
- Check to see if breathing is slow, less than eight times per minute, or irregular, with ten seconds or more between breaths.
- Vomiting while "sleeping" or passed out, and not waking up after vomiting
If a person has any of these symptoms, he or she is suffering from acute alcohol intoxication:
- GET HELP. Call someone, a staff member, an ambulance, public safety, someone who can help.
- Do not leave the person alone. Turn the victim on his/her side to prevent choking in case of vomiting.
- Always be "better safe than sorry" if you are not sure what to do. How can your friend be angry about you caring for him or her?