Candidates for May and August 2014 Graduation
Congratulations! Please save the date for Grad Finale!
Grad Finale will take place on Tuesday, February 25th in the Harre Union Ballroom from 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. All students planning to participate in the May 2014 Commencement Ceremony should attend. Students who graduate in August each year participate in the preceding May Commencement Ceremony.
Refreshments will be provided! This event is designed to help you prepare for the May Commencement Ceremony and life after graduation.
Important items at this event include:
- Get your cap and gown for the ceremony through the Bookstore.
- Order your graduation announcements through Jostens.
- Order your class ring.
- Review your degree information and diploma name spelling with the Office of the Registrar.
- Take advantage of career information provided by the Career Center. Avoid long lines and take the Career Center Survey online: Career Survey
- Learn about user accounts for graduates from Information Technology.
- Ensure all financial obligations are taken care of with Student Accounts.
- All graduating students who have borrowed Direct Federal Loans are required to complete Direct Loan Exit Counseling. The Financial Aid Office will be hosting a mandatory information session on completing your exit counseling. These sessions will be offered in the Brown and Gold Room at 12:00 and 3:00 p.m., and Financial Aid representatives will be in the Ballroom from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. to answer questions and distribute exit counseling packets. Please allow yourself 30-45 minutes for the session.
If you are unable to attend Grad Finale, you must take care of these important items before commencement by contacting the departments directly.
Cap and Gown Pricing (before tax):
- $42.95 - Bachelor Unit (cap, gown, tassel)
- $75.95 - Masters Unit with Hood
- $45.95 - Masters Unit
- $30.00 - Masters Hood
- $31.95 - Bachelors Gown Only
- $34.95 - Master Gown Only
- $6.00 - Cap Only
- $5.00 - Tassel Only
Payment Methods: Cash, Check (payable to University Book Center), Major Credit Card, or Crusader Cash.
(Visit the Bookstore online for additional information including hours of operation.)
Congratulations on your achievement! We look forward to seeing you soon at Grad Finale!
Please visit the Commencement web page for more information including
- Guests with special needs
- Shuttle Service
- Graduates will receive an email from the Office of the Registrar when diplomas are ready for pick up.
- Diplomas for May 2014 graduates will be available in the Office of the Registrar in June 2014.
- We are unable to release diplomas to graduates with any outstanding obligations to the University. Please resolve any outstanding obligations with the applicable offices before graduation.
- A photo ID is required to pick up your diploma in the Office of the Registrar.
- If you are unable to pick up your diploma on campus, please use the Diploma Release to give us the address to which the diploma should be sent.
- You may send the Office of the Registrar a Diploma Release right away, and we will mail your diploma as soon as it's ready.
Office of the Registrar Business Hours:
Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Central Time