College of Adult Scholars Purpose and Mission
A selective program serving Northwest Indiana for highly motivated, part-time adult learners seeking a first degree and professionals wanting advanced training through a certificate of specialization.
- A wide range of programs from which to choose.
- Simplified admission & registration procedures
- Selections from both day & evening courses
- Competitive tuition rate
- Bestows special academic status at VU
- Academic adviser specifically designated for all adult students and professionals
Criteria for Admission
Valparaiso University admits students to the College of Adult Scholars through the Office of Continuing Education. To be admitted a prospective student must have a high school diploma and meet any ONE of the following criteria:
*Please note that students admitted into the College of Nursing are not eligible for the College of Adult Scholar program unless they are taking pre-requisites part-time (less than 11 credit hours) for admission into the College of Nursing, and meet other admission criteria for the CASC program.
- Be 24 years of age or older
- Have not attended college within the last three years
- Have a baccalaureate degree and be seeking a second degree or a certificate
- Plan to take a VU course approved and offered by the College of Adult Scholars at an off-site location