1. Is your communication open and honest?
People in healthy relationships do not use words that hurt each other.
2. Are trust and respect mutually given?
In a healthy relationship people are not jealous or possessive.
3. Are you both able to continue your own friendships and interests?
A healthy relationship allows both persons to enjoy other people and interests outside of the romantic relationship.
4. Do you share the decisions in the relationship?
People in healthy relationships use communication and negotiation to make decisions about their activities.
5. Is alcohol or drug use a problem?
Healthy relationships do not involve the abuse of substances.
6. Do you both accept responsibility for your own actions and feelings?
In a healthy relationship the couple does not blame each other if they lose their temper or make bad decisions.