Gregory Duncan, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering
Ph.D. - University of Florida 2006
B.S.M.E. - Purdue University 1990
Areas of Specialization
Vibrations, machine tool dynamics, rotor dynamics, high speed machining, mechatronics, and manufacturing
- Mechanics of Materials
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Manufacturing Processes
- Mechanical Vibrations
- Senior Design
Development of Solar Furnace
The research focuses on developing a solar furnace at Valparaiso University.
Machine Tool Dynamics and High Speed Machining
The research focuses on optimizing machining parameters in high speed machining applications.
Point Vibration Therapy Device
The research focuses on developing a device to provide sensory stimulation to children with autism to help them better integrate into classroom settings.
- "Solar Thermal Electrolytic Process for the Production of Zn from ZnO: An Ionic Conductivity Study”, Journal of Solar Energy of Engineering, 2009
- “Rotating Tool Point Frequency Response Prediction Using RCSA”, International Journal of Machining Science and Technology, 2007
- “Shrink Fit Tool Holder Connection Stiffness/Damping Modeling for Frequency Response Prediction in Milling”, International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture, 2006
- “Receptance Coupling for Dynamics Prediction of Assemblies with Coincident Neutral Axes”, Journal of Sound and Vibration, 2006
- “Uncertainty Propagation for Selected Analytical Milling Stability Limit Analysis”, Transactions of the NAMRI/SME, 2006
- “Three-Component Receptance Coupling Substructure Analysis for Tool Point Dynamics Prediction”, ASME Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, 2005
- “An Investigation of the Dynamic Absorber Effect in High-Speed Machining”, International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture, 2005
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- American Society for Engineering Education
- Society of Manufacturing Engineers
- Tau Beta Pi