VIEP-French is a five-year program that combines a major in one of the four engineering fields with a major or minor in French. To participate in the program, students are required to:
- Fulfill all requirements for one of the four engineering majors;
- Take one French language course per semester beginning, at the latest, in the third semester;
- Participate in a study abroad program in La Rochelle, France (on the campus of the La Rochelle Engineering School - EIGSI) in the seventh semester;
- Work in a cooperative education placement in France during the eighth semester and the ensuing summer;
- Reside in the French House, La maison francaise, for at least two semesters.
To see current VIEP-French event happening on campus and a list of current/former French students use the menus on the left side of this page.