Function and Beauty
Towering above the surrounding landscape, the Chapel of the Resurrection on the campus of Valparaiso University makes a strong declaration about the character of this University. It is at the heart of the campus and of its activities. Students come here to worship at the many regularly scheduled services each week.
The Chapel's ministry offers a wide variety of activities for learning, service, and personal growth. The Chapel also is the site for University convocations, major lectures, music concerts and other events. Visitors are always welcome. Information about services and programming can be found on the Chapel Web site www.valpo.edu/chapel.
The Chapel was constructed at a cost of $7.5 million and dedicated in 1959, three years after groundbreaking ceremonies. Originally called Memorial Chapel in recognition of the many memorial gifts made to help fund its construction, it was named the Chapel of the Resurrection in 1969. Architect for the Chapel was Charles Stade and Associates.