Hire and retain competent personnel:
- People are the assets that move ideas into action.
- People should be empowered to think and act like professionals.
- Through professional development and structured advancement opportunities retain and develop specific job skills.
- Through appropriate training and leadership establish and maintain a safe work environment.
- Treat all people with dignity, courtesy, and respect in accordance with Christian values.
- Seek to build the self-confidence of all Facilities Management (FM) personnel.
- Maintain constructive relationships at every level internal to FM, internal to the University, and to our external contacts.
- Lead by example.
- Measure FM employee satisfaction no less than annually.
Provide Services to the campus community within available resources:
- Constantly seek creative and innovative solutions to customer needs.
- Seek opportunities to build collaborative relationships that best utilize staff, equipment, and dollars.
- Seek to provide reliable and timely service and products at a competitive cost.
- Strive to create and maintain a safe and healthful campus.
- Continually maintain communications with partners to validate their needs.
- Continually measure customer satisfaction.
Build a quality campus community: (vistas, views, cleanliness, well maintained, detailed preventive maintenance, energy efficient, reduced deferred maintenance)
- Expect integrity, performance, and professionalism from our staff, our customers, and our business partners.
- Recognize superior effort and quality results through performance evaluations, identifying values, measuring individual performance towards them, and acknowledging success publicly.
- Strive to make the best use of all available resources.
- Take pride in the function of facilities and equipment and in the appearance of campus.
- Solicit feedback from those we interact with, so that we can constantly improve.
- Avoid false economics.