BrainTrack offers a scholarship for teaching students that are planning to teach between kindergarten and 12th grade. A winning and runnerup award is given every semester to students currently in a teaching degree program. Applicants are asked to provide essays on their experiences as a teaching student.
DEADLINE: November 1 and March 1
For more information and application, please visit http://www.braintrack.com/colleges-by-career/elementary-school-teachers#scholarship
Administered by the State Student Assistance Commission of Indiana. Applications available in the Office of Financial Aid or at http://www.in.gov/ssaci/2342.htm
1. Be an Indiana resident
2. Be a son/daughter, grandson/granddaughter, legal dependent or spouse of an active, retired, or deceased member of the Indiana Teachers Retirement Fund (TRF).
3. Have achieved at least a "C" grade point average for three semesters
4. Be sophomore standing when applying to receive as junior
5. Be majoring in education
DEADLINE: January 31
For more information or application, please visit IRTA's website at http://www.retiredteachers.org/Foundation%20Scholarships.html
1. Resident of LaPorte County
2. Junior or Senior
3. At least 2.5 G.P.A.
4. Pursuing career in special education
DEADLINE: July 1
For more information and application, please visit the Financial Aid Office.