Student Research Grants/Internships
Available to students to conduct research on energy related projects or work at municipal electric utilities.
DEADLINE: October 15
Technical Design Project
Available to student or group of students working on energy related project.
DEADLINE: October 15
For more information about both opportunities, please go on-line to www.APPAnet.org/deed/cfm. Choose Research and Development, then choose Funding Opportunities.
1.For undergraduate or graduate engineering students who are pursuing
careers in manufacturing, processing, or other industrial automation
2. The applicant must be enrolled full-time in an engineering, instrumentation, systems, electrical, mechanical, or automation discipline.
3. At time of application, must have completed at least their sophomore year and have a 3.2 G.P.A.
4. Be U.S. citizen
DEADLINE: May 1
For more information or application, please visit www.asconumatics.com/scholarship
The consulting firm of AES Engineers is committed to continuing its
support of higher education by providing scholarships to deserving
To be eligible the student needs to answer one of the essay questions that they will find on our site at http://www.aesengineers.com/scholarships.htm
DEADLINE: October 1
For more information or application, please go on-line to www.ashrae.org/scholarships
*AISC-ASE Engineering Scholarships and Fellowships*
1. Any upperclassman or graduate students in civil or architectural engineering
2. No affiliation with ASE is required
3. Must be U.S. citizen and attending university in Illinois or Indiana
For more information or application, please go on-line to http://www.associatedsteelerectors.org/Scholarships.htm.
Application forms are available on the APWA Chicago Metro web site at http://chicago.apwa.net
1. Student majoring in Civil or Environmental Engineering, Traffic Engineering, Public Works Administration, or other programs within the public works field.
2. Must reside or be employed within geographic boundaries of the APWA Chicago Metro Chapter- Lake Branch.
Application forms are available on the APWA Chicago Metro web site at http://chicago.apwa.net/resources/scholarships/
Science and engineering students who will be in their third or fourth year who wish to work in the Electronic Warfare field.
1. Must be Indiana resident attending an Indiana school
2. Must be U.S. citizen
DEADLINE: September 30
For more information and application, please visit www.crows.org/chapters/crane-roost-scholarships.html.
DEADLINE: April 1st of each year
For more information and application, please visit
For students conducting research directly related to conventional and pumped-storage hydropower in the fields of engineering, environmental and biological science, or regulatory/economics. This fellowship provides a living stipend, a tuition allowance, and an allowance for university-provided health insurance. Applicant must have completed bachelor degree by start of fellowship. Open to students who are completing their Master's or Doctorate degrees.
DEADLINE: March 1
For more information, please visit http://www.hydrofoundation.org/fellowshipAppInfo.html
Students must meet the following requirements to be considered for the scholarship.
DEADLINE: January 31
For more information and application, please visit http://iweasite.org/Education/ClnWtrSchol.htm.
Eligible Civil Engineering students accepted into or currently enrolled in the School of Engineering at an ABET accredited Indiana college or university may apply. Scholarship recipients also benefit by working for INDOT during summer breaks and after graduation.
* Students who are accepted into or currently enrolled in the School
of Engineering at an Indiana ABET accredited college or university.
Eligible university programs include Purdue University, Rose-Hulman
Institute of Technology, University of Evansville, University of Notre
Dame, Tri-State University, University of Southern Indiana and
* Students must attend school full-time.
* Students must have completed their freshman year of college.
* Students must possess and maintain a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 out of a scale of 4.0 or equivalent.
Amount: $3,125 per semester
DEADLINE: Limited amount of scholarships available, so apply early!
For more information and application, please visit http://www.in.gov/indot/3278.htm.
For undergraduate students in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) disciplines.
-- Must be a U.S. citizen.
-- Must be enrolled full-time at an accredited university in the U.S. or U.S. Territory.
-- Must be a rising freshman, sophomore or junior.
-- Must have earned and must maintain a minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
-- Must be pursuing a degree in science, technology, engineering or mathematics.
Amount: up to $10,000
DEADLINE: November 1 to February 1
Application must be submitted on-line.
For more information and application, please visit: http://www.nasa.gov/offices/education/programs/descriptions/Motivating_Undergraduates_Science_Technology.html
1. Must have graduated from a high school located in the Indiana counties of Adams, Allen, Dekalb, Huntington, LaGrange, Noble, Steuben, Wabash, Wells, or Whitley; or live in one of the listed counties for a minimum of one year.
2. Must be in a curriculum leading to a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology.
3. Must have earned at least 30 credits to a maximum of 96 credits.
4. Must be full-time
DEADLINE: January 31
For more information or application, please visit http://www.indiana-eweek.com/indiana-academic.html.
**Undergraduate Fellowships **
*Milton F. Lunch Memorial Research Fellowship*'
Open to students of engineering, architecture, construction, and law. Application due by January 30.
*Professional Engineers in Industry Scholarship*
Applicant must be sponsored by an NSPE-PEI member. Student must have completed a minimum of two semesters of undergraduate engineering study or be enrolled in graduate study.
DEADLINE: April 1
*William R. Kimel Engineering Scholarship*
Students from Kansas or Missouri who are in their junior year.
Amount: none specified
DEADLINE: March 1
*The George B. Hightower, P.E., Fellowship*
For engineering graduate student who is currently enrolled in a graduate engineering program. Applicant must be NSPE Members/Student Members who are currently enrolled and are U.S. citizens.
DEADLINE: March 1
*John W. Gregorits, P.E., F.NSPE Management Study Fellowship*
Designed for graduate students who are pursuing an MBA, a graduate degree in engineering management, or a graduate degree in public administration.
DEADLINE: March 15
VU's Bachelor of Science degree programs in Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering are all accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET).
For more information about each scholarship or fellowship opportunity, please visit www.nspe.org/scholarships.
For an Illinois resident or graduate of an Illinois High School,
majoring in environmental science, engineering, or related studies.
1. Must write letter explaining why you chose the field
2. Must list curricular activities
3. Must provide transcripts
4. Must provide letter from college department head or academic advisor confirming your curriculum
5. Must confirm enrollment from Registrar's Office
DEADLINE: March 31
Send or e-mail this information to:
SWANA Land of Lincoln Chapter
c/o Paul Purseglove
Bureau of Land
1021 North Grand Avenue East
Springfield, IL 62794-9276