ACS sponsors scholarship programs for qualified applicants who want to enter the fields of chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering, chemical technology and teaching.
Visit their website for more information.
Students must meet the following requirements to be considered for the scholarship.
DEADLINE: January 31
For more information, please visit Illinios Water Enviornment Association's website.
Students pursuing or will be pursuing doctoral degrees in science and engineering. The fellowship includes a 12-week research experience.
DEADLINE: January 1
For more information and application, please visit www.krellinst.org/csgf
For students who are interested in pursuing bachelor level degrees related to Political Science, Anthropology, Sociology, Psychology, Economics and History.
Amount: $500 scholarship
DEADLINE: April 1
For more information, please visit:
The National Physical Science Consortium (NPSC), is offering a
fellowship program for students aspiring to a doctoral degree and a
career in the physical sciences and related fields. Each fellowship is
worth up to
$200,000, depending on the university the student chooses.
For more information or application, please visit www.npsc.org.
Two additional programs:
1. The Traditional NPSC Program: Two-phase, six year fellowship.
2. The Dissertation Support Program: Provides support as graduate student conducts their dissertation research.
DEADLINE: November 5
To apply, go to www.npsc.org.
For students conducting research directly related to conventional and pumped-storage hydropower in the fields of engineering, environmental and biological science, or regulatory/economics. This fellowship provides a living stipend, a tuition allowance, and an allowance for university-provided health insurance. Applicant must have completed bachelor degree by start of fellowship. Open to students who are completing their Master's or Doctorate degrees.
DEADLINE: March 1
For more information, please visit http://www.hydrofoundation.org/fellowshipAppInfo.html
The Criteria/Guidelines for the Scholarship are:
1. Recipient is to be a junior or senior level undergraduate student in Biology/Horticulture/or Public Ecology programs
2. Recipient is a U.S. citizen with preference given to Indiana residents.
3. GPA of 2.8 or better on a 4.0 scale
4. Preference will be given to an applicant with a strong interest or experience in the growing, breeding, and/or showing of
5. Applicants should prepare a one page personal statement regarding their qualifications for this scholarship*.
6. Applicants are to include two letters of recommendation to support their application. One of the letters is to be
confirmation from the financial aid department that the student is in need of financial aid (personal financial details are
not to be included) and meets the GPA minimum.
7. More than one student from your school may apply.
8. Recipient will attend one of the Indiana Daffodil Society meetings/events prior to the issuing of the award funds. The
IDS 2012 schedule is as follows: Mar 24 Meeting 1-4 pm; April 10,11,12 Daffodil Show; July Picnic, TBA; July 18 Bulb Sale
most of the day; Aug 18 Meeting 1-4 pm; Aug 25 Bulb Sale most of the day; Oct 6 Meeting. All meetings and sales are at
the Holliday Park Nature Center, Indianapolis. While those dates are the better opportunity to meet the membership,
prospective recipients could instead participate in our digs (TBA) or Bag’N’Tag party, also TBA. Attendance at any activity is
to be coordinated with the Scholarship Chairman.
9. The scholarship check will be issued jointly to both the school and the student.
DEADLINE: March 1
For more information please visit www.daffodilusa.org or e-mail IDSscholarhip@live.com. Qualification specifics should include academics relating to daffodils (coursework, internships, etc), extracurricular/Volunteer work, work experience, and personal experience with daffodils. Applications are to be e-mailed to IDSscholarship@live.com and are to include the name, address, and contact information of applicant (including e-mail address)
Applicants must be Indiana residents and accepted for study or already are enrolled as a full-time undergraduate sophomore or above student. Applicants must be taking coursework to major or minor in a field related to natural resources conservation or environmental education.
DEADLINE: December 31
For more information and application, please visit IWF's website.
Opportunities for Ph.D., Sc.D., or M.D. scientists and engineers of unusual promise and ability to perform research on problems largley of their own choosing.
Awards are made for one or two years, renwable for a maximum of three years. Annual stipends range from $30,000 to $75,000, based on the level of the applicant.l
DEADLINES: February 1, May 1, August 1, and November 1
For more information and application, please visit www.national-academies.org/rap
DEADLINE: October 1
For more information and applicant, please visit http://www.onlineeducation.net/academic-scholarship/
Funding opportunities exist for independent research, outreach activities, student team projects and more.
Amount: $varies per project
DEADLINE: February 24
Related Websites: General Homepage - www.insgc.org
Funding Details - https://engineering.purdue.edu/INSGC/competition_files/Research_and_Outreach
Application - https://secure.spacegrant.org/proposals/submit/?sponsor_id=7
1. Currently enrolled as a full-time student
2. Student who is commencing their junior or senior year of study
3. Pursuing a bachelors degree in: Business, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Engineering
4. Cumulative G.P.A. of 3.5
DEADLINE: June 1
For more information and application, go on-line to www.easymatch.com/sapscholarship.
For students pursuing a Ph.D. in areas of stewardship science, such as:
1. High-energy-density physics
2. Low-energy nuclear science
3. Properties of materials under extreme conditions and hydrodynamics
Includes a 12-week research experience.
DEADLINE: January 12
For more information and application, please visit www.krellinst.org/ssgf
Open to undergraduate and graduate students who have declared a majojr in biology, chemistyr, bio-chemistry, or a related life sciene field.
Amount: (2) $10,000
DEADLINE: July 31
For more information and application, please visit the Thermo Scientific Website