Valparaiso University hosts over 25 semester and year-long programs throughout Europe, Asia, Latin America and Africa, with 10-15 short-term, faculty-led programs running over spring break, summer or other recess periods.
- 4 Valpo Study Centers (England, Germany, China & Costa Rica)
- 4 International Engineering Programs (Germany, France, Spain & China)
- 12 exchange/direct enroll programs
- 5 cooperative programs
- 10-15 short-term, faculty-led programs over spring break, summer and other recess periods
- Valpo study abroad programs were founded in 1968 and will celebrate 50 years abroad in 2017.
- Each year, approximately 250-300 students study abroad in a semester, summer or spring break program.
- About 32 % of undergraduates study abroad by graduation.
- About half (12) of the semester and year-long programs include a supervised, part-time internship. Many more programs offer a service-learning component for community involvement.
- Since 2009, the Institute of International Education has ranked Valpo in the top 40 leading institutions (Masters level) by percentage of undergraduate participation (Open Doors Reports*).
Institute of International Education. (2012). "Institutions by Undergraduate Participation in Study Abroad, 2010/11." Open Doors Report on International Educational Exchange.
Retrieved from http://www.iie.org/opendoors