Prof. Karen Berrier, Ph.D.
Lecturer in Foreign Languages and Literatures
Arts and Sciences, ASB 252
M.A. and Ph.D. Indiana University
Intercultural Communication, French Business, French Art History, Translating and Interpreting, Language Teaching in the Elementary Schools.
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES, PRESENTATIONS, PUBLICATIONS
• Member and Current President, American Association of Teachers of French, Northwest Indiana Chapter.
• Member and Scholarship Chair, Zeta Mu Tri Kappa (Indiana Women’s Sorority)
• Former President and Director of JumpStart Languages (teaching French K-8 in parochial schools)
• Jerome Coignard, Dream Palaces: The Last Royal Courts of Europe, Paris: Vendome, 2004.
• Jean-Marie Perouse de Montclos, Paris, City of Art, Paris: Vendome, 2003. (Chapters 8 and 9)
Professor Berrier has experience teaching French at all levels, including Introductory and Advanced courses in literature, conversational French, professional French and the French media. She has also taught in the Core program and teaches the Global Perspectives course at Valparaiso University.
2009 State of Indiana Teacher of the Year, presented by Indiana Foreign Language Teachers Association