• You'll meet one-on-one for weekly conversation practice with a native speaker from France, oftentimes a student who also serves as the French
House Program Assistant.
• You'll read literary texts (poems, short stories, a short novel, and a play) from Francophone countries like Canada, Martinique, Guadeloupe, Côte d’Ivoire, etc.
• You'll review grammar and vocabulary from high school French while adding a few nuances.
• You'll engage in debates, discussions, and role plays.
• You'll write and revise short essays.
• The ultimate goal is to bring your skills up to the level necessary for success in Valpo's advanced French classes.
Read what Lindsey says about her experiences in French 204!
Vapo French students have multiple opportunities to expand their study and enjoyment of French through Esprit français. Esprit français is a program that is integrated into all French courses, providing great opportunities for French students to use the language on a regular basis outside class while building closer connections with native speakers and fellow French students in the program. En plus, c’est amusant!