For US students who:
• Enjoy learning about other cultures and languages
• Are interested in sharing your own cultural perspective with students from other countries
• Want to get to know more international students on campus, outside of class
and for international students who:
• Want to practice English conversation skills
• Are interested in sharing your home culture with US students
• Want to get to know more US students on campus, outside of class
• US STUDENTS:
Complete the US student interest form if you want to participate or just want more information. FOCUS 2014 students can sign up too!
• INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS:
Complete the international student interest form if you want to participate or just want more information. (You must be registered for CORE to participate.)
In Fall 2014 the English Conversation Partner Program will pair native speakers of English with international students for one-on-one weekly conversation. The program has three three main goals, providing an opportunity:
-for non-native speakers of English to practice conversation skills outside the classroom;
-for US native speakers to engage in service and reflect upon the act of service through their role as conversation partner;
-for all participants to cultivate intercultural connections.
All students will develop a deeper understanding of their partner's home culture, country and language as well as gain a new perspective on their own culture, country and language.
Private conversation exchange (not for credit)
• If you don't wish to participate in the formal, for-credit program but are still interested in finding a conversation partner, visit the private conversation exchange page.