For US students who:
• Enjoy learning about other cultures and languages
• Are interested in sharing your own cultural perspective with students from other countries
• Want to get to know more international students on campus, outside of class
and for international students who:
• Want to practice English conversation skills
• Are interested in sharing your home culture with US students
• Want to get to know more US students on campus, outside of class
GS 180 / 106--English Conversation Partners pairs native speakers of English with international students for one-on-one weekly conversation. The course has three three main goals, providing an opportunity:
-for non-native speakers of English to practice conversation skills outside the classroom;
-for US native speakers to engage in service and reflect upon the act of service through their role as conversation partner;
-for all participants to cultivate intercultural connections.
All students will develop a deeper understanding of their partner's home culture, country and language as well as gain a new perspective on their own culture, country and language.
Private conversation exchange (not for credit)
• If you don't wish to participate in the formal, for-credit program but are still interested in finding a conversation partner, visit the private conversation exchange page.