Overview: How it works
1. Conversation partners meet in the Language Resource Center for 16 hours of conversation over the course of the semester. Partners meet 8 hours before spring recess and 8 hours after spring recess.
2. Both the international student and the US native speaker earn one credit after successfully completing the requirements of the program.
- The US student earns one credit through the GS180 Civic Engagement course.
- The international student intensifies CORE for one additional credit. In future semesters we will likely invite upper-class international students to participate, but for the moment we are focusing on international students enrolled in CORE.
3. Each partner writes a short reflection about his or her individual experience at the end of the semester. Other opportunities for reflection and conversation with multiple partners may be organized.
4. Each partner is required to attend two meetings:
- An introductory meeting at the beginning of the semester (probably to be held on the Thursday or Friday of the first week of class)
- A wrap-up/feedback meeting at the end of the semester (probably to be held on Reading Day)
Let us know if you're interested in participating!
• Contact the LRC:
-Email Carol Goss, Director of the Language Resource Center
-Stop by the LRC in the Arts and Sciences Building, room 240
• After contacting the LRC you will receive an email reply with more details about how to participate.