Beyond offering a place to post contact information, the LRC does not arrange or otherwise manage private tutoring services. Payment and other details are arranged between the private tutor and the person hiring the tutor.
I want to work as a private language tutor
If you wish to offer your services as a private language tutor (for a language other than English), you may complete this online form. Your information will be posted on the LRC website for the current academic year and may also be posted within the LRC facility in the Arts and Sciences building, room 240.
I want to hire a private language tutor
If you are looking to hire a private language tutor (for a language other than English), you may complete this online form.
2014 - 2015
As individuals contact the LRC about hiring or working as a private language tutor, their information will be posted here. The LRC does not pair individuals; individuals are responsible for making the first contact and arranging payment and other details. Private tutors listed here are in no way considered employees of the LRC. Current VU undergraduate students are eligible and encouraged to work with a French, German, or Spanish language partner through the LRC's free tutoring program.
| I AM AVAILABLE TO WORK AS A PRIVATE LANGUAGE TUTOR
• Thomas Perry, VU undergraduate; can tutor in French; available Mon, Wed, Fri
• Diego Calix, VU undergraduate; can tutor in Spanish; native speaker of Spanish; proficient in both languages; experienced writing tutor at the VU Writing Center
| I WANT TO HIRE A PRIVATE LANGUAGE TUTOR
• Natalie Andrade, VU undergraduate taking 204, in need of tutoring up to 8 hours/week
• Sharon Haussman, 2 high school students in need of Spanish conversation tutoring 1 - 2 times a week
2013 - 2014
• Jingyi Lu, Can tutor Chinese; native speaker of Chinese; VU graduate student
I AM AVAILABLE TO WORK AS A PRIVATE LANGUAGE TUTOR
• Rafael Valbuena Urdaneta, Can tutor in Spanish; native speaker of Spanish; international student from Venuzuela who loves to teach
• Diego Calix, Can tutor in Spanish; native speaker of Spanish; international student from El Salvador with previous tutoring experience
• Samuel Henderson, Can tutor in German and Korean; VU law school student; certified professional translator, master's degree in applied linguistics, 6 years teaching experience
• Kacey Stuck, Can tutor in French; VU graduate student; graduated from Georgetown College (KY) with 24 credit hours in French, a few classes more than a minor; has worked in France on top of studying it for 10 years
• Claire Johnson, Can tutor in German; VU undergraduate German major; senior German major who spent the entire 2012-2013 academic year studying abroad in Germany
• Issac Lutze, Can tutor in Spanish, German, and Japanese; VU graduate student with a B.A. in Spanish Literature, multiple stays abroad
• Zach Melloy, Can tutor in Spanish and Italian; VU law school student with a B.A. in Spanish and Linguistics, Indiana-University Bloomington