Beyond offering a place to post contact information, the LRC does not arrange or otherwise manage private tutoring services. Payment and other details are arranged between the private tutor and the person hiring the tutor.
I want to work as a private language tutor
If you wish to offer your services as a private language tutor (for a language other than English), you may complete this online form. Your information will be posted on the LRC website for the current academic year and may also be posted within the LRC facility in the Arts and Sciences building, room 240.
I want to hire a private language tutor
If you are looking to hire a private language tutor (for a language other than English), you may complete this online form.
2013 - 2014
As individuals contact the LRC about hiring or working as a private language tutor, their information will be posted here. The LRC does not match individuals; individuals are responsible for making the first contact and arranging payment and other details. Private tutors listed here are in no way considered employees of the LRC. Current VU undergraduate students are eligible and encouraged to work with a French, German, or Spanish language partner through the LRC's free tutoring program.
I AM AVAILABLE TO WORK AS A PRIVATE LANGUAGE TUTOR
• Jingyi Lu, Can tutor Chinese; native speaker of Chinese; VU graduate student
• Rafael Valbuena Urdaneta, Can tutor in Spanish; native speaker of Spanish; international student from Venuzuela who loves to teach
• Diego Calix, Can tutor in Spanish; native speaker of Spanish; international student from El Salvador with previous tutoring experience
• Samuel Henderson, Can tutor in German and Korean; VU law school student; certified professional translator, master's degree in applied linguistics, 6 years teaching experience
• Kacey Stuck, Can tutor in French; VU graduate student; graduated from Georgetown College (KY) with 24 credit hours in French,
a few classes more than a minor; has worked in France on top of
studying it for 10 years
• Claire Johnson, Can tutor in German; VU undergraduate German major; senior German major who spent the entire 2012-2013 academic year studying abroad in Germany
• Issac Lutze, Can tutor in Spanish, German, and Japanese; VU graduate student with a B.A. in Spanish Literature, multiple stays abroad
• Zach Melloy, Can tutor in Spanish and Italian; VU law school student with a B.A. in Spanish and Linguistics, Indiana-University Bloomington
I WANT TO HIRE A PRIVATE LANGUAGE TUTOR
• Cara Smith, Community member, (French -- wants just a few sesssions to learn some basic phrases for a work-related trip; please contact soon!); posted 4.3
• Rachael Lowe, High school student (French -- needs assistance with a French 2 correspondence course)
• Paige Heuer, VU undergraduate student (Spanish -- 1-2 hours per week); posted 3.20
• Samantha LoCascio, VU undergraduate student (Spanish -- 1-4 hours per week); posted 11.19
• Rashmi Rashmi, VU graduate student (Spanish -- 5 hours per week); posted 8.26
• Caleb Gall, high school freshman in pre-IB Spanish (Spanish -- 1-2 hours per week; after 3 pm); posted 8.34