Requirements for the Gender Studies Minor
A minimum of 15 credit hours constitutes a minor. GNST 201, Introduction to Gender Studies, is required, along with at least one course from the Social and Life Sciences group and one course from the Humanities and Fine Arts group. The remaining six credits may be taken from the following courses or other courses approved by the administrative committee supervising the minor.
* GNST 201 Introduction to Gender Studies 3 Cr.
Social and Life Sciences (must take at least one of the following)
* ECON 233 Economics of Race and Gender 3 Cr.
* PSY 390 Topics: Psychology of Women 3 Cr.
* SOCW 210 Social Welfare: Policy and Services 3 Cr.
* SOCW 330 Vulnerable Populations: Color, Gender, and Orientation 3 Cr.
* SOCW 390 Colloquium 3 Cr. (when appropriate topic)
* SOC 220 The Family 3 Cr.
* SOC 275 Systems of Social Stratification 3 Cr.
* SOC 340 Gender 3 Cr.
Humanities and Fine Arts (must take at least one of the following)
* ART 311 Art History and Feminism 3 Cr.
* ART 318 Nineteenth Century European Art 3 Cr.
* COMM 322 Sports Journalism 3 Cr.
* ENGL 200 Horrible Husbands - Wicked Wives 3 Cr.
* ENGL 390 Women's Writing/Women's Lives 3 Cr.
* HIST 316 The Great Witchcraft Delusion 3 Cr.
* THEO 317 The New Testament in Its Cultural Environment 3 Cr.
* THEO 343 Theology of Marriage and Sexuality 3 Cr.
* CC 300 Seminar 3 Cr. (when appropriate topic)
Electives - 6 credits