Requirements for the Gender Studies Minor
A minimum of 15 credit hours constitutes a minor. GNST 201, Introduction to Gender Studies, is required, along with at least one course from the Social and Life Sciences group and one course from the Humanities and Fine Arts group. The remaining six credits may be taken from the following courses or other courses approved by the administrative committee supervising the minor.
* GNST 201 Introduction to Gender Studies 3 Cr.
* Social and Life Sciences (must take at least one of the following)
* ECON 233 Economics of Race and Gender 3 Cr.
* PSY 390 Topics: Psychology of Women 3 Cr.
* SOCW 390 Women: Social Support and Developmental States 3 Cr.
* SOC 220 The Family 3 Cr.
* NUR 322 Women and Their Health 3 Cr.
Humanities and Fine Arts (must take at least one of the following)
* ART 311 Art History and Feminism 3 Cr.
* ART 318 Nineteenth Century European Art 3 Cr.
* ENGL 390 Women's Writing/Women's Lives 3 Cr.
* HIST 316 The Great Witchcraft Delusion 3 Cr.
* THEO 317 The New Testament in Its Cultural Environment 3 Cr.
* THEO 326 History of Women in the Church 3 Cr.
* THEO 343 Theology of Marriage and Sexuality 3 Cr.
* CC 300 Love and Friendship 3 Cr.
* CC 300 Inventing the Body 3 Cr.
Electives - 6 credits