The Summer Global Leadership Institute is a selective program for bright, energetic, and culturally curious high school students who want an internationally enriching university experience.
Goals Of the Program:
- Develop an
understanding of what a global leader is and what it takes to be a global
leader in today’s world and the world of tomorrow;
- Gain a deeper
understanding of other cultures by interacting with students from across the
- Immersion in college
life at Valparaiso University;
- Learn the skills necessary
to successfully apply to universities;
- And build lasting friendships.
Thursday, June 27th - Sunday, July 14th
Culturally curious High school students
graduating in the year 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017, who are held in good academic
eligible to apply for the Summer 2013 experience. Only high school students are eligible for this program.
- Please arrive at Valparaiso University to check-in on Wednesday, June 26th between 4-8 pm.
flight should be scheduled to arrive into Chicago O’Hare Airport on either June 25th or 26th.
- Departure flights should depart Chicago O'Hare International Airport on July 15th or 16th.
All Inclusive Cost:
Cost: Tuition is $3,000 for
this three week program, and covers housing, 3 weekday meals, 2 weekend
meals, all activities within the program, academics and academic supplies, and
transportation to/from Chicago O'Hare airport.
Deposit: refundable at the program’s completion if no violations and
fees have been incurred.
- Costs not
included in tuition: passport and visa (international students), transit to and from the program, health insurance (required for all attendees), medical expenses, meals eaten off
campus, laundry, souvenirs and personal spending money
($100-$150 per week suggested).
- $1,800 Commuter
- Includes all items listed above
other than the room and weekend activities. Food is included.
Applying to be a part of SGLI:
through April 26, 2013.
- Submit your deposit early for a tuition deduction
- Submit application by March 1, 2013 for a $200 tuition deduction
- Sumbit application by April 1, 2013 for a $100 tuition deduction