WYSIWYG? Critiquing & Producing Media for Web 2.0
Is what you see what you really get? From Facebook "Like" to the imprisonment and killing of netizen-bloggers, we will identify, assess, and critique Internet media in the era of Web 2.0., including creating of our own media via blogging and class podcasts. This course is hands-on and will help develop skills in video & video editing.
Identify, assess, and critique Internet media in the era of Web 2.0., including the creation of your own media via blogging and class podcast productions.
- Compile media and social media by student use
- Screen & discuss Miss Representation film & responses
- Review Federal Communications Commission’s network neutrality regulations, “Preserving the Open Internet,” Journalists Without Borders(RSF) freedom barometer, and Nuevo Laredo netizen deaths
- Determine tracking and categorization methods, begin tracking
- Customize Tumblr blog, post entries
- Audio production tutorial
- Produce class podcast, part 1
- Compile class media tracking, discuss
- Video production tutorials
- Video blog (vlog) on Tumblr
- Produce class podcast, part 2
- Host screening of class podcasts/vlogs