Panhellenic Women's Formal Membership Recruitment
Valparaiso University is a deferred recruitment campus, meaning that in order to participate in formal recruitment or become a member of a sorority, the potential new member must be at least a second semester freshman and have a cumulative grade point average of a 2.50.
Women's Formal Membership Recruitment is held in January (January 9-13, 2013) and each potential new member must complete the Formal Membership Recruitment Registration form by January 8, 2013 at 11:30 p.m. in order to participate.
Panhellenic Recruitment Guidelines:
A woman becomes a potential new member once she has officially registered for Formal Membership Recruitment. In order to be eligible for Formal Membership Recruitment at Valparaiso University, a woman must:
- Complete the registration form and return it by 11:30 p.m. on January 8, 2013.
- She must pay the registration fee of $35.00 - you can do this online following the completion of the registration form.
- She must obtain a 2.50 cumulative grade point average in order to participate in membership recruitment.
- Potential new members must be full-time Valparaiso students with at least 12 credits.
- A potential new member shall not be, or ever have been, an initiated member of a National Panhellenic Conference (NPC) group.
- A potential new member shall not have been a new member of an NPC group on campus within one calendar year.
- A potential new member shall consult her Recruitment Guide before withdrawing from membership recruitment and she must sign an official withdrawal form.
REGISTER FOR SORORITY RECRUITMENT HERE
Interfraternity Council Men's Recruitment
Valparaiso University is a deferred recruitment campus, meaning that in order to join a fraternity, the interested man must be at least a second semester freshman and have a cumulative grade point average of a 2.50.
Men's recruitment for new students is held from January 13-February 1, 2013. The men's recruitment kickoff will be held on Thursday, January 10, 2013. This is a great opportunity to pick up event calendars from each men's fraternity and meet many men from all organizations. Men's informal recruitment will take place during fall semester from August 30 - September 14, 2013.
Potential New Member Bill of Rights (per the North American Interfraternity Conference and the National Panhellenic Conference):
- The right to be treated as an individual.
- The right to be fully informed about the recruitment process.
- The right to ask questions and receive true and objective answers.
- The right to be treated with respect.
- The right to be treated as a capable and mature person without being patronized.
- The right to ask how and why and receive answers.
- The right to make informed decisions without undue pressure from others.
- The right to be fully informed about the binding agreements implicit in balloting a fraternity or sorority.
- The right to make one's own choice and decision, and accept full responsibility.
- The right to have a positive, safe, and enriching recruitment experience.