This position is responsible for creating university videos and still images that will be used to showcase the university to different audiences; prospective students, current students, alumni and the community.
- Collaborate, coordinate and support the efforts of the IMC team and other on-campus organizations to enhance university publicity.
- Work with partners to develop a finished product that both satisfies the partner and meets university promotional standards.
May include but not limited to
- Videography and/or photography of university activities including news, sports, and portraits
- Inspects locations and determines best angles, positioning of subjects, lighting, backgrounds.
- Conducts post-production video and image editing, and prepares files for cataloging
- An energetic, detail oriented, creative self-starter able to effectively manage time-sensitive multiple projects and to propose ideas
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop CS6, Lightroom 4, Adobe Premiere
- Advanced understanding of Canon DSLR’s
- Efficient workflow and file organization
- Able to work weekends
- Able to handle short turnarounds and tight deadlines
- Possess creativity and storytelling ability
- Ability to accept constructive criticism and/or rejection of work with a positive attitude
- Outstanding and positive interpersonal and communications skills in order to work collaboratively, harmoniously and professionally with a wide variety of people.
- Must be able to cope with changing priorities effectively
- Resourceful with excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
Applicants must include access to a portfolio of videos and photography as part of the application process.