General information about the Institute
- Registration is limited to 400 persons. All registrations received by April 1 will be acknowledged and confirmed. No new registrations will be accepted on the day the Institute opens unless we have not received 400 registrations by that time. Those not pre-registered and confirmed are urged to phone ahead to assure that there is room; phone 219.464.6514.
- There is a reduced rate for additional registrations from a single congregation when a first registration at the regular rate is received and all such registrations are included in the same envelope. Special rates are also offered for those attending for the first time, full-time students, and retired persons.
- Lunches and suppers may be purchased on a cash basis in the Harre Union building. Tickets for the banquet on Wednesday evening may be purchased ahead of time on the registration form.
- Lodging is not included in the registration fee. For information on hotels offering a special ILS rate, please click here (PDF).
- Publishers of church music and works on liturgical theology and practice will be on hand to exhibit their work.
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) are available upon request to those attending the entire Institute Program. One (1.0) CEU will be awarded for participation in the whole regular program; one-third (0.33) CEU will be awarded for participation in one of the master classes/practica.
- Regional and campus maps are available on the Valparaiso University website: MAPS
- Driving directions to Valparaiso University can be found here: DIRECTIONS
- Information on regional and local transportation can be found here: TRANSPORTATION