Please fill out the Arrival Form with your flight Information so that our office can plan your arrival.
Students should fly into O’Hare International Airport or Midway International Airport in Chicago, Illinois. The Office of International Programs staff will help coordinate your transportation from the airport to Valparaiso University.
- Ride the Coach USA bus to Portage, Indiana (a small town about 15 miles from Valparaiso)
- Ask the bus drive to call our office ($1 charge) and let us know of your arrival at Portage.
- Our office staff will pick you up and drive you to Valparaiso
- The office phone number is 219-464-5333, and, for after office hours, call 219-309-7757.
- Office Hours 7:00 am - 6:00 pm
Transportation in Valparaiso
- CoachUSA - The Coach USA Airport Supersaver Bus will pick students up from OHare International Airport (at terminal 5 or terminal 2 - Bus shuttle center) and drive you to Portage Indiana. The bus ticket is roughly $28.
Public transportation in Valparaiso is provided through taxi services and the V- line. If you plan to study in Valparaiso for a period of two to four years, you may want to purchase a car to maximize your mobility.
- V-Line (http://www.ci.valparaiso.in.us/index.aspx?NID=490): a bus service operated by the city in collaboration with the university. Students ride free of charge and the v-lines runs the routes to downtown shopping centers, Walmart and Target, as well as a weekend line that goes to the Dunes, so that people can catch the train to and from Chicago.
- Taxi: 24/7 Taxi 219-762-7575.
- Train: South Shore Train Line from Dune Park Station in Chesterton to downtown Chicago ($6.50) 1-800-356-2079.
- Car Rental: Enterprise: 219-531-2700.