- Step 3 - Find Housing in Valpo
Undergraduate Student Housing
- Undergraduate students must live on campus.
- On-campus housing is in great demand so you are encouraged to fill out the deposit form as early as possible to secure a space. To learn more about on-campus living and view residence halls and rooms, visit Residential Life.
- Please note that there is no bedding provided upon arrival so please bring with you a minimum of $30-$50 US Dollar cash to purchase bedding, basic supplies and food for the first couple of nights in the dorm.
- For summer and fall arrivals, you can wait for a couple of months before purchasing a heavier blanket.
- If you arrive in the winter, you will need to allow for more cash to purchase a heavier blanket immediately. You should also bring some warm clothing with you.
Graduate/Law Student Housing
- Graduate students must live off campus.
- Housing Options for Graduate and Law Students
- Potential Housing charges:
- Rent - Usually paid monthly
- Electricity: Electricity is used for heating and cooking in many apartment buildings, and you may be responsible to arrange and pay for your own electrical service, if it is not included in your rent payment. NIPSCO
- Water: This also includes waste pick-up and storm-water drainage. Valparaiso City Utilities
- Cable: Cable television and high-speed internet, as well as land-line phone service, can be purchased through Comcast. The best way to get your service set up is to visit their website.
Country Inn and Suites 2020 Laporte Avenue Valparaiso, IN 46383 219-476-0000
- If your housing is not available at the time of your arrival, you may choose to stay at a nearby hotel. Rooms cost $60 for International students. Please make the arrangements prior to your arrival.