Transferring to Valpo

Follow the steps below if you plan to transfer your F-1 immigration record to VU from another U.S. institution. This process allows Valparaiso University to access your records and issue you a “transfer pending” I-20 or DS-2019, and allows you to maintain legal status. 


  1. Log on to iValpo (the blue button under Full Client Services), and find the SEVIS Transfer-in Request e-form under the F-1 Student Services tab.
  2. Submit this e-form, including your current school’s international student advisor information.  Please allow 5 business days for processing.  More time may be necessary if follow-up is required.
  3. Once your request has been approved by the VU Office of International Programs (OIP), you will receive a notification to your VU email account. Your Transfer Pending I-20 to Valparaiso University will be created.
  4. If you are traveling outside the U.S. before you come to Valpo, you may create a shipping request for this Transfer Pending  I-20 be sent to you. The shipping request can be made through eShipGlobal. For detailed information click here. Once we see your request, we will ship your Transfer Pending I-20 to you. You may also pick up your Transfer Pending Valpo I-20 in person at the Office of International Programs (OIP).


F-1 students who graduate from Interlink at Valpo must also complete a SEVIS transfer and receive a new I-20 if they plan to begin studying at Valparaiso University.  If you are an Interlink graduate who plans to begin full-time classes at VU, you must check in and receive a VU I-20 before you start classes.


All transfer students must check-in with our office before their first semester at VU; check-in takes place during new student orientation . You must check-in before you begin any on-campus employment at Valparaiso University. If you fail to comply with these regulations, you will fall out-of-status.