- Rules and Regulations and What to Pack
Rules and Regulations:
- Offensive Language: use of profane, ethnically offensive, or insulting language is prohibited.
- Alcohol, Drugs, and Tobacco: Valparaiso University is a dry and tobacco-free campus. The use or possession of alcohol beverages and/or illicit drugs anywhere on Academy grounds or in its facilities including dormitories is strictly prohibited. In addition, members or the University community and campus visitors are asked to abide to the policy of tobacco-free culture on campus.
- Classroom Hours: Classes are normally scheduled Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM- 12:00PM. Students will report to their classroom or designated area for every scheduled class session, as directed by the Class Coordinators, and will not leave the designated class area without the permission of the instructor.
- Health and Safety: it shall be the responsibility of program assistants and students to ensure that all programs are conducted in a safe manner free from unnecessary risk of injury. Running within buildings is strictly prohibited.
- Running is only allowed in approved areas and when directly related to the program. Running within the building is a risk management issue and will not be tolerated.
- During outdoor activities students must wear reflective safety vests required by law or as directed by staff.
- Dormitory Hours: All students must be back at the dormitory by 11:00PM, and in their rooms by 12:00AM.
- Visiting Hours: Boys and girls are not allowed to be in each other's dormitory room unsupervised after 10:00PM.
- Classroom Maintenance: Students are responsible for keeping classrooms, multipurpose room, and study hall neat. All litter will be properly disposed of. Bulletin board, desks, and kitchen will be maintained in an orderly fashion.
- Homework assignments: Students are expected to complete all work assignments given out by the teacher.
- Group outing: Students are expected to be on time for all field trips and group activities. Transportation will leave on time as scheduled.
- Comply with: Studetns must follow all instructions from the Program Director, teachers, and program assistants and are advised to stay with the group at all times.
- Off Campus Meal: During certain exploration field trips, money for food or meals will be provided to the students away from campus. If a student chooses not to participate on the field trips, no money will be compensated to the student.
- Insurance document
- Emergency number
Pack smart list:
- Swim Suits
- Beach attire/swim suit cover-up
- Sun screen
- Sun glasses
- Hat or Cap
- Sandals - flip flops
- Insect Repellent
- Tennis shoes
- Walking shoes
- Play Clothes - shorts & T-shirts
- Formal Clothes -
for Presentations and Church (girls = dress/skirt, guys = dress pants, shirt and
- Alarm clock - travel size
- Camera and
- Laptop and cord
- Wall socket adapter
- Small night
- Translation dictionary