The Valpo network requires that a policy key be installed in order to access the network. The policy key continuously validates that your system has the minimum security software running and up-to-date. It will provide occasional warnings when certain conditions occur, such as antivirus definitions becoming outdated or Windows update or AV protection being disabled. Use the instructions below to install the policy on your Mac or Windows computer.
- Plug into a wired port in your residence hall room, or connect to the wireless campus network (named "Valpo").
- Open any internet browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, etc).
- Within a minute or so you will be prompted to log in.
- Authenticate to the network using your ValpoNet username and password.
- Click on the link to acknowledge acceptance of university policy and install the policy key.
- A few seconds after the installation is complete, you will receive a web page informing you of any steps required to ensure your system's security.
- After finishing any steps to secure your system, reboot your computer.
- After rebooting, restart your web browser.
- Authenticate to the network one more time using your ValpoNet username and password.
- You will now be free to access the network.
Individuals who are off campus can install the policy in preparation for being on campus. Downloadable PDFs of these instructions are listed below:
For more information about the policy key, see the FAQ linked on the left or contact the Help Desk.