The IT Help Desk provides telephone, email, and walk-up assistance for faculty, staff, and students on a wide variety of technology areas:
- Account problems
- Password resets - bring your Valpo OneCard or another photo ID!
- Guest access
- Online applications
- Network access
- Telephones and voicemail
- And more!
To help you solve the problem, the Help Desk will need to know:
- Location and contact information
- What you were doing when the problem occurred
- What equipment and software you are using
- Equipment asset tag number (frequently called the "VU tag number")
- Error messages that were displayed (be as exact as possible)
- If anything has changed that might be causing the problem (i.e. software updates or changes)
- If other people in your area are having the same problems
If you are considering implementing a new service or technology that requires computing resources, please contact IT well in advance of the anticipated implementation date. Contact the Help Desk and request a consultation regarding the requested new service or technology. The Help Desk will route your request to the appropriate individual for consideration.