- The cardholder is responsible for the care of the card.
- The card should not be handled roughly or stored in warm or hot places (i.e. behind auto sun visors, in glove boxes, on dashboards, etc.).
- Your card should not be kept in proximity of magnetic devices at anytime (i.e. television sets, stereo speakers, bulk tape erasers, radio transmitters, etc.).
- Do not attach to key chains or carry unprotected in pockets, purses, backpacks, etc.
- Do not affix stickers, pins or any other alterations or modifications to your OneCard ID.
- Cards should never be placed back to back with magnetic strips touching.
- Damaged cards are a result of negligence or improper care (i.e. putting the card through the dryer, using the card to scrape the windshield, etc.).
It is your responsibility to protect your OneCard ID at all times. If your OneCard is lost or stolen, you must report it immediately to the OneCard ID Office219-464-5131, IT Department Help Desk at 219-464-5678, or VUPD at 219-464-5430. In the event that the loss is not reported to the appropriate officials, Valparaiso University will not be responsible for any losses incurred during that time.
- If a cardholder loses his or her OneCard ID but still wants a chance to look for it, the OneCard Office can assign them a temporary ID card for 24 hours.
- If a student has left his or her ID at home and is waiting for it to be sent, the temporary ID will be valid for up to one week.
- The temporary ID will function just like an ordinary OneCard ID--all services available on the OneCard and all of the cardholder's accounts will be transferred to the temporary ID. Temp ID cards may not be used for package pick-up at the mail center.
- The temporary ID is not intended to be a replacement ID. Students must replace their OneCard ID if they do not find it.
- The cardholder must bring the temporary ID back to the OneCard Office or will be charged an additional $15 to replace it.
- When a regular ID is lost or stolen and a new regular ID is purchased, the cardholder must advise the OneCard staff member a temp ID was assigned to him/her prior to having his/her regular ID printed. In addition, the cardholder must present the temp ID at the time of purchase or an additional $15.00 non-refundable fee will be accessed. Temp ID fees may not be returned at a later date for refund.
- When the OneCard Office is closed during regular business hours, cardholders may see a full-time staff member of the IT Help Desk to receive a temporary ID.
- After hours, students may see VUPD to be issued a temporary ID.