Thank you for your interest in recruiting students and alumni from Valparaiso University Law School. Our pool of talent will assist you with meeting your hiring needs ranging from research assistants, interns, externs, Pro Bono, to new associates and laterals.
It is our goal to assist you in establishing a program that will best meet your recruitment needs.
- Strategy - Access for job postings & on campus interviews.
- On Campus Interviews (OCI) - The Law School invites you to participate in our On Campus Interview Program. If you are a regular participant or have not participated before, we want to welcome you to this important recruiting activity. The Fall OCI Program begins in August and continues through early November. The Spring OCI Program begins late January and continues through early April. If you would like to participate, please contact Career Planning at 219-465-7814, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit Strategy.
- Resume Collection - This is a valuable program for employers who are not able to interview on campus, but would like to receive resumes from Valparaiso Law students. The Career Planning Center will collect and send resumes to employers, or employers may receive resumes directly from students.
- Chicago Area Law School Consortium (CALSC) - The Chicago Area Law School Consortium consists of 11 law schools throughout Illinois and Northern Indiana. (Valparaiso University Law School, Chicago-Kent College of Law, DePaul University, John Marshall Law School, Loyola University, Northwestern University, University of Chicago, Northern Illinois University, Notre Dame University, Southern Illinois University, and the University of Illinois.) The consortium organizes several annual events for employers and students including: Midwest Public Law Career Conference, Public Interest Organization Reception, and Practice Tracks.
Hours of Operation
We look forward to hearing from you. If you have questions about recruiting, or any of our services, please contact:
Lisa Cannon, Director of Experiential Education
- Coordinates Valpo-Generated Interviews (VGI) and Opportunities (VGO) related to current extern, intern and pro bono openings each semester
Christine Corral, Executive Director
- Oversees all aspects of the Offices of Career Planning and Alumni Relations
- Establishes and maintains relationships with employers and alumni
- Handles front office operations for Career Planning and Alumni Relations
- Administers and functions as liaison for CSO/Strategy recruiting technology
Kimberly Kass, Associate Director
- Provides overall career counseling with a focus on firms, corporations and alternative career paths
- Coordinates student programming for alternative careers, law firms and corporate careers
Victoria Ryan, Senior Director
- Manages day-to-day operation of Career Planning Center
- Provides comprehensive career counseling to students and alumni
- Collects and reports operational data
Robyn Rucker, Associate Director
- Provides overall career counseling with a focus on government, public interest and non-profit sectors
- Provides career advising to students and alumni seeking career opportunities with government, public interest and non-profit sectors including fellowships, Federal and State Judicial Clerkships and more
- Administers the Valparaiso Law pro bono graduation requirement
- Manages the Summer Public Interest Stipend (SPIS) and Loan Repayment Assistance Programs (LRAP)
- Develops and maintains relationships with Valparaiso University Law School alumni and constituents through management of eight Regional Councils
- Manages and organizes the mentoring program for students to assist in relationship building opportunities between current students and alumni
- Performs alumni outreach through individual visits and hosting of formal and informal events throughout the country