English for Lawyers is a two and a half week summer program for international students held at Valparaiso University Law School scheduled to take place July 17 through August 2, 2013 in Valparaiso, Indiana. This program is specifically designed for international students entering a Juris Doctorate or LLM program for Fall 2013.
During the program, you will participate in classes and field trips designed to introduce you to American law, the study of law in an American classroom, legal English, study skills, and give you ample opportunity to practice your written and oral English skills.
The following students are invited to apply to English for Lawyers:
- Students who have received an undergraduate degree from a foreign institution in law, and have been accepted to either a JD or LLM program;
- Students who have received an undergraduate degree from a foreign institution in law, and are planning to apply to either a JD or LLM program.
The cost for tuition and program materials for English for Lawyers is $1,800. Housing and meals are available for an additional charge.
Students are responsible for their own travel expenses to and from Valparaiso, Indiana.
How to Apply
Applications will be received beginning January 15, 2013 and will close on May 15, 2013. All applications must be submitted online.
In addition to completing the application form, the following documents must be provided:
- A current official transcript
- One letter of recommendation from an employer, professor, or pre-law advisor (letters used for your JD or LLM applications are acceptable)
- A typed two-page personal statement of interest
These documents may be sent by e-mail to email@example.com.
or mail to:
Attn: English for Lawyers Summer Program
656 S. Greenwich Street
Valparaiso, IN 46383
Of fax to:
Attn: English for Lawyers Application
Applicants are reviewed on a rolling basis beginning February 1, 2013, and capacity is limited to 20 students. Applications will not be reviewed until all required documents have been received.
A down payment of $500 is due within 30 days of admission in order to hold a spot in the class. 50% payment is due by June 1, 2013 and full payment is due by July 1, 2013.
Students will receive payment information upon being admitted into the English for Lawyers program.