Books or journal articles that are not available either online or in the print collections of the Law Library or Christopher Center may be requested from other libraries through our online Interlibrary Loan program, ILLiad, available at https://valpo.illiad.oclc.org/illiad/IVU/logon.html. To create an ILLiad account, click the link for “First Time Users.”
- Check Galileo to see if the book is available either at the Law Library or the Christopher Center.
- If the book is located in the Christopher Center’s collection, go there and check out the book.
- If the book is not available at either location, place your request through ILLiad.
- Check to see if the article is available digitally. The following resources may be useful:
- Check Galileo to see if the journal title is available in hard copy at either the Law Library or the Christopher Center (Do not search for an article title in Galileo).
- If the journal is located in the Christopher Center’s collection, go there and locate the article.
- If the journal is not available at either location, place your request through ILLiad.
How Long Will It Take for My Item to Arrive and When Is It Due Back?
Although we make every effort to get items quickly, it may take a book 7-10 days to be delivered. Articles may be received sooner. Due dates for interlibrary loans are determined by the lending institution and must be observed in order to avoid jeopardizing our interlibrary loan status with other lenders. If an extension is needed for a particular book, a renewal can be requested through your ILLiad account. Lending institutions may or may not grant a renewal based upon their own policies.
For more information, contact the Interlibrary Loan Manager at (219) 464-5363 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The Interlibrary Loan Office is located in the Christopher Center. Hours are 8am – 4:30pm Monday – Friday.