Applying for Financial Aid
Our financial aid process is simple. Those planning on applying need to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This is the only required application form for the 2016-2017 academic year. The FAFSA can be completed online at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
If you have not done so already, you will be required to create and FSA ID to access your previous and current FAFSA information. Information on how to create your FSA ID is located at www.valpo.edu/student-financial-services.
The FSA ID is now used as a substitute for the PIN and requires additional security measures to ensure your privacy is protected. This FSA ID will serve as your link to information regarding all your federal loans.
Financial Aid Checklist & Deadlines
- File your FAFSA as soon as possible after January 1.
- Our school code is 001842
- Make sure you mark Graduate/Professional Degree
- If necessary, make corrections on the Web
- If you have additional questions about awards or how to apply for financial aid, please contact Ann Weitgenant, Associate Director Financial Aid.
Institutional Aid Policy
University scholarships and/or grants will automatically be reduced to the extent that they and financial aid from all other resources exceed the cost of attendance, as determined by the Office of Financial Aid.