Valparaiso Law School participates in federal loan programs. Some Federal sites require a US Department of Education PIN.
- Federal Direct Student Loan
- Federal Perkins Loan
- Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan
- Private Alternative Loans
Promissory Notes for Federal Loans
StudentLoans.gov This is the main site for managing your Federal Direct Loans.
- Check your account
- Complete entrance counseling and promissory note
- And much more…
- You must have your federal PIN available to access your account.
National Student Loan Data System
The National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) is the U.S. Department of Education’s central database for student aid. (The Department of Education is currently assigning Federal Direct Loans to five companies with whom it has loan servicing contracts: ACS, PHEAA, Great Lakes Educational Loan Services, Nelnet, and Sallie Mae.) NSLDS Student Access provides recipients access to inquire about their Title IV loans and/or Pell grant data. Use this site to find out who your federal loan servicer is and how to contact them, and to obtain information about your outstanding loan balance and loan status.
National Student Loan Clearinghouse
- View your enrollment information that VU has provided to the loan clearinghouse.
- View the student loan deferment notification that the clearinghouse has provided to your lenders.
- View/Print the proof of enrollment/enrollment certificate that you may need to provide to your health insurer and other providers of student services or products.
- View specific information about your student loans using Loan Locator.
- You will use you VU e-mail log-in information to access your account.
Budget Worksheet/Loan Calculator
The Budget Worksheet determines expenses and income in order to create a budget for college. Use the Loan Calculator to determine your payments under each of the repayment plans.